If you are looking for ideas for the best gifts for a fellow darts player, you are in the right place. Below I have gone through some of the best things you can get them, including a lot of suggestions and ideas.
You will also find some additional information as to the risks of buying certain gifts. That way, you will know whether or not you should be actually buying the thing you have been thinking of buying.
As you will find out in a moment—some gifts may not be a good idea in some instances.
If you are worried—don’t be. I will try to provide you with as much information as possible—I know that not everyone will be as educated as a long-standing dart player.
So this will be a beginner-friendly guide, too, because I know how important it is to get the right gift for the right person.
However, keep in mind that the gift ideas below are not arranged in any particular order.
Without further ado, let’s continue.
A New Dartboard
A new high-quality dartboard is an excellent gift for anyone who enjoys playing darts. There are a few considerations, though.
The most important thing is to decide on what kind of dartboard will be most suitable for that person.
Dartboards usually do not cost a lot. Even the high-end, high-quality steel tip dartboards are relatively cheap; however, that statement is not necessarily true for the electronic dartboards that could cost a hefty amount of money.
A few suggestions for steel tip (bristle) dartboards you can find on Amazon:
- Winmau Blade 5 – This is one of the best dartboards you can currently lay your hands on. The low price it sells at makes it easily one of the best value dartboards on the market. The high-quality bristle gives the board excellent self-healing capabilities, which means that not only does it play well, but it will last a really long time.
- Winmau Blade 5 Dual Core – This dartboard is easily one of the best dartboards you can currently buy. It improves on the durability and the overall quality of the original Winmau Blade 5. The two cores make it not only super fun to play on but also extremely durable. The price is a little high but well justified. This dartboard will not leave anyone disappointed.
- The Winmau Blade 6 generation dartboards were just released. Although they are more expensive, they are the newest addition to the Winmau dartboard family and can make for an outstanding gift. There are three different types of Blade 6 dartboards, and I recommend checking out my review on the Winmau Blade 6 dartboards.
- Harley-Davidson Traditional Bristle Dartboard – If you are interested in getting that person something more unique per se, then you can consider getting them something like this dartboard from Harley Davidson on Amazon. It is a little on the expensive side, but the build quality is solid. For something a little cheaper, you can check out this one.
A few suggestions for electronic dartboards:
- Arachnid Cricket Pro 800 Electronic Dartboard – This electronic dartboard is one of the best ones for the money. It offers plenty of cool features, including 39 games with 179 variations. However, with that being said, it is more expensive than your regular bristle dartboard.
- Arachnid Inter-Active 6000 – This is another model by Arachnid which offers plenty of neat features and 27 games with 123 variations. The board is built to last and comes at a more affordable price.
And lastly a few great kids’ dartboards:
- YESMARKS Kids Game Dart Board – This Velcro dartboard is suitable for kids 3 years and above. It is a standard Velcro board with extra balls. The built quality is good, and it makes for a great gift for any kid.
- Tootle Turtle Target Game – This target game is suitable for kids between 4 and 6 years. It is not a classic dartboard, but it is an extremely cute looking and fun game that the little ones will enjoy playing.
- STREET WALK Magnetic Dart Board – This is a really good magnetic dartboard that the little ones will enjoy playing. The magnetic darts are safer and will not damage your walls.
When I first started playing darts, I very quickly got into playing 501.
However, I always take a very organized approach, and it wasn’t too long before I found that there are certain things that make this game one of the most widely played in the darts community.
It is an easy game to learn but hard to master.
Especially the doubling out part, which if you do not understand well, you will find yourself having an extremely difficult time winning this game.
In a game of 501, you start with 501 points and race down to reaching 0 points before your opponent. What you do is simply deduct what you have hit on the dartboard from your score.
However, and it is a big one, you need to reach 0 by having your last dart hit a double on the dartboard.
This seemingly simple thing makes the game very difficult.
An out-chart can help you better plan in advance as to what numbers you should hit to double out successfully with the lowest number of darts as possible.
A Mini Darts Set
I don’t know why but there is something about small toys that people just love, from miniature cars, boats, airplanes, you name it. A mini darts set is also a great gift for anyone that loves to play darts.
This mini dartboard, which can be found on Amazon, looks great. But, even better, it feels sturdy, well-made, and works great.
Do you know what dart players like to do besides playing darts? Having a drink or two—well, before you say anything, nobody said it needs to be alcohol, right? But, well, let’s admit it, it usually is.
Anyways, a nice little set of darts themed coasters can be a very neat gift.
Coasters are functional and useful no matter where they will be used—best of all, they will keep the tables, desks, and countertops protected and clean.
Dartboard themed coasters can be a good gift for every darts player regardless of their skill level, experience, or beverage preferences.
A Man-Cave / Game Room Poster
A poster can always make for a nice gift. There is a huge variety of posters, enough to make anyone’s head spin. And, the good news is that there are darts-themed posters too.
You may need to consider the interior design and what would be the best way to hang the poster, but overall this is a great gift that is not necessarily going to be too expensive.
If you want to check out a few excellent posters, check out the Laminated Dart Rules & Regulations Poster by ZieglerWorld or these unique vintage-looking Darts Patent Prints Posters.
Another really neat idea is getting one of these game room, or man-cave themed metal tin signs from Desperate Enterprises.
Also although you can buy a premade poster, you can also have it custom made too.
A Drinking Game
You will be amazed at how many different types of drinking games you can find. What better gift than a fun drinking game.
You can find a great variety of different drinking games here online. There are card games, board games, roulettes, Plinko drops, dice, Jenga, basketball games, beer pong games, and even a dartboard drinking game.
A keychain can be a neat little gift if you do not want to go too overboard and are looking for something cheap but usefull.
There are a few darts-themed keychains that can be found even online like this 2-in-1 darts keychain from CyeeLife, which combines a dart tool (for fixing the darts) and a bottle opener.
Alternatively, there is this key chain with a dart tip sharpener stone, which is always useful for a steel tip dart player.
A Dart Tool
Another great little accessory that can also be helpful to anyone playing darts is a dart tool like this broken shaft and point remover tool by Viper.
Simple and effective—it has a beautiful sleek design that makes removing broken tips and shafts super easy, and best of all, it is built to last.
A Darts Book
You can say there are two types of people in the world—those who like reading books, and those who don’t. So books are not going to be for everyone.
If your buddy just so happens to be from the first group, you can give them a book that revolves around darts. Here are a few examples of great darts books you can find on Amazon:
- The American Darts Organization Book of Darts, Revised Edition — This is a great beginner’s first book. It gives useful information about techniques, different dart games, and even a little dart history.
- 50 Ways to Play the Game: How to Play Darts in Every Way Imaginable — This is one of these books that have been around for a long time, and this is not going to change any time soon. It is short and to the point. No pointless fluff. It has all the information you need in order to learn how to play a lot of different dart games—a true classic, perfect for both beginners and more experienced players.
- How to Master the Game of Cricket — This is another great and very in-depth book that focuses primarily on mastering the game of Cricket. Nothing more, nothing less. It is a great book that will be useful to dart players of all levels.
- The Official Bar Guide to Darts — Yet another very easy read that has lots of useful information. It is great for beginner players.
A scoreboard can also be a great gift for a dart player. Scoreboards are almost a must-have if you want to be able to keep track of the score and the running totals in a clean and organized manner.
There are different types of scoreboards, and below I have picked one of the best in this category.
However, it also has an out-chart, which any ’01 player will be extremely grateful for. It is a dry erase magnetic scoreboard, so you will not have to worry about chalk dust or any mess.
The build quality is solid and it is made to last. Really can’t go wrong with this one.
A Set of Darts
There is always going to be space for another dart set.
With that being said, although a set of nice darts can be an excellent gift, I would not recommend buying darts for somebody if you do not have some experience playing darts yourself and especially if you do not have any information about what kind of darts that person uses.
There are some important considerations that need to be made in advance like the type of dartboard they play, their experience, the weight of the darts they use, the type of the knurling, and barrel, and more.
With that being said, if you have all the information you need, you are almost certain to find something to their liking by browsing some of the dart sets by IgnatGames—both their soft tip and steel tip dart sets are great.
A Darts Case
Dart cases are always helpful if they are intended for someone who is traveling a lot or playing local leagues, and they need to bring their darts with them.
A good dart case will help you keep your darts nice and organized. It will protect them from any bumps and hits and ensure your darts stay safe.
Below I share with you some of the top dart cases you can get.
- Casemaster Warden Dart Case for Steel and Soft Tip Darts — This is a neat and useful dart case for 3 darts.
- Casemaster Sentry Dart Case for Steel and Soft Tip Darts — This is another excellent dart case by Casemaster capable of carrying 6 darts.
- Casemaster Legion Aluminum Dart Case for Steel and Soft Tip Darts — And yet another solid dart case that can accommodate up to 9 darts.
A Dart Holder
Dart holders are made for exactly what it says — to hold darts. It may not always be easy to store darts, especially with the flights on, and some people even leave the darts in the dartboard (which is a no-no).
A dart holder is usually hung next to the dartboard and has several rows of holes where the darts can be stored safely. Alternatively, some models can be placed on flat surfaces too.
A Set of Dart Flights, Darts Shafts, or Darts Tips
I’m going to put all three (the flights, shafts, and the tips) in one category. They are different things, but here’s why I decided to do that.
When buying each one of the three, you will find that they all share a common aspect—you need to have a good understanding of what darts your buddy is playing or at least prefers to play with.
These three can be a neat gift idea if you know what you are doing, but if they are intended for someone that you have no knowledge about, I will pass on this.
With that being said on Amazon a lot of great deals like this dart flights and accessories set by IgnatGames. It is a great set of 18 dart flights which also includes 6 dart shafts, o-rings, flight protectors, and even a dart tool.